Dennys: News Politics Comedy Science Arts & Food

28 March 2009

Obnoxious Category



KKK member tries to get into Heaven

Picked up this cartoon somewhere along the way cruising the web. It made me laugh at how expectations are often met with reality like a pail of cold water thrown in your face. The fact that Obama is now President only makes me laugh the harder, especially since as a white kid who opposed the KKK when we first moved to Virginia all those years ago.

I still remember the death threats for speaking the truth. After they threatened me, I go so angry with them, I got louder and went on a crusade to turn everyone in my class (8th grade)away from that kind of stinking thinking that anyone else is supposed to put up with being a second class citizen in their own country.

Some people put up with bullying and others take to beating up on the bullies. At the time I was the size of a gnat but thought nothing of it to take on any injustice. There really is something to be said for mental toughness and daily perseverance.

BTW, guess what, most of them came around to my kind of thinking! And those few who didn't quit acting like jerks, at least in public. They finally started to question the hate their parents had been teaching them. They also suddenly realized there were outnumbered by people willing to speak against them and that really scared them.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain

Fav Outrageous Cartoon of the Month

Signe Wilkinson